Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have made it official! After years of will they or won't they speculation, it has been confirmed by a rep for the couple that they married on Saturday (August 23rd) at their home in France, Chateau Miraval in a small ceremony in front of family and friends.
The spokesman revealed that Pax and Maddox walked Angelina down the aisle, Zahara and Vivienne threw flower petals, and Shiloh and Knox were the ring bearers.
What They Wore:
- Although Angelina's dress designer is not currently known, a source told E! News, "The gown was very traditional, but very Angie, it was comfortable but plain white floor-length antique lace and silk." The insider added, "The boys all wore tiny matching cream linen suits which were just like Brad's tux while the girls had each chosen a dress to match their own individual style and they had them specially made."
- "Brad and Angie said hand-written vows telling each other how much they love each other and their beautiful family and they both had tears in their eyes as did everyone else. It was short but loaded with meaning and it was a lovely way to start life in their new family home now that the building work is finally finished."
- "They all went back into the main house into the 'Great Hall' and had a big celebration lunch with local hams, cheeses, freshly caught sea bass, Italian pastas and champagne, as well as Chateau Miraval rosé wine. There were three different types of cakes, all picked by the kids -- one was a strawberry ice cream one, another was a three chocolate gateau and a third had fresh cream and raspberries."
- As for the honeymoon, another source said, "The honeymoon was a few days enjoying Miraval and how much space they have now. The kids went quad biking and swimming on the afternoon of the wedding and that night they all had pizza in the garden. The whole thing was very Brad and Angie. They're low key and much more about romantic gestures than they are about having a big, flashy multi-million dollar wedding."
- Brad was photographed wearing his new wedding ring at a photo call for his new film Fury in the UK earlier this week.
- Pitt proposed to his new bridge back in 2012 with a ring he designed with Robert Procop.
- George Clooney told People, "How great is that? I’m really happy for Brad and Angie and their whole family."
- Bella Thorne tweeted, "OMG Brad and Angelina got married <3 <3 <3 #MRANDMRSSMITH"
- Michael Ian Black tweeted, "Now that Brad and Angelina are married, I can FINALLY start worrying about when they're going to get divorced."
- Mia Farrow tweeted, "Congratulations Angie & Brad!!! Now let's work for the day when everyone can get married."
- Sandra Bernhard tweeted, "although they both lied to me on separate occasions I congratulate both #angelina and #brad i'll never forget our special time together."