The battle between Johnny Depp and The Management Group continues.
Now, Depp is demanding that his business mangers' allegations about his "psychological issues" and "compulsive spending disorder" be stricken from court records, according to a report in The Daily Mail.
- Court documents obtained by the publication reveal that Depp, 54, believes his former business managers are disclosing information in an effort to humiliate him. He claims that they are adding "irrelevant and improper" statements and "inflammatory material" to "viciously attack" him.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean actor filed a $25 million lawsuit in January accusing Robert and Joel Mandel of financial misconduct and fraud.
- He claims their negligence has resulted in $5.6 million in tax penalties and interest. The firm countersued, claiming he lived an extravagant lifestyle that included an $18 million yacht and monthly $30,000 wine tabs.
- Other extravagances included a $7,000 couch featured on Keeping Up With the Kardashians and $17,000 worth of Prada handbags and luggage.
- Last week, a judge ruled that Depp’s spending habits were irrelevant in the case. On Thursday, TMB went back to court with an amended cross-complaint that added more details of his spending, including an $18 million yacht, $200,000 per month on private plane fees and $500,000 in rental fees for his Hollywood memorabilia.
- In the court documents obtained by the Daily Mail, Depp is demanding that the judge amend their countersuit and strike 100 paragraphs of allegations and "irrelevant" details from the record.
Inconceivable actor Nicolas Cage posed for a photo opp in Kazakh costume at the 13th Eurasia International Film Festival, and man, was it a doozy.
Cage was photographed wearing a traditional Kazakh coat and hat, usually donned by nomadic horsemen of the steppes, at the festival opener in Kazakhstan’s futuristic capital Astana.
- He was photographed standing next to the country’s first lady, Sara Nazarbayeva, who seemed blissfully unaware of his discomfort.
- The combination of the unusual attire and his inexplicably befuddled expression of silent suffering caused a minor tempest on social media.
- The 53-year-old didn’t seem miserable the entire time at the Eurasia International Film Festival, noticeably perking up while attending a children’s film competition and meeting with disabled children.
- The festival runs from July 22nd-July 28th.
GAL GADOT COMFORTS CRYING FAN IN WONDER WOMAN COSTUME: Gal Gadot won a whole new batch of fans after footage of her comforting an overwhelmed fan emerged. The young girl was dressed in classic Wonder Woman gear (the cape and tiara), but became overwrought when faced with Gadot at the Comic-Con Justice League fan signing on Saturday. While it’s unclear why the girl was distressed, Gadot can be heard comforting the girl, while holding her hands and saying, "There's no reason to cry...we are together." In other inspiring Wonder Woman news, Warner Bros. confirmed at Comic-Con that there will indeed be a sequel to the blockbuster.
LEONARDO DICAPRIO, KATE WINSLET AUCTION THEMSELVES OFF: A private dinner with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet will be up for grabs at this year’s Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation gala held on July 26th in St. Tropez, France. A lucky bidder will have an opportunity to dine with friends and former Titanic costars in the fall at the place of their choosing in New York City. Proceeds from the gala and auction will support the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation which, since 2008, has made more than $80 million in grants to environmental causes.
BACHELOR IN PARADISE STARS AMANDA STANTON & ROBBY HAYES SPARK DATING RUMORS: A new photo of Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes holding hands is circulating, sparking speculation that the Bachelor in Paradise stars are a thing. Both were down in Mexico shooting the upcoming BIP season, and likely had plenty of opportunities to get to know each other better. Stanton finished forth on Ben Higgin’s Bachelor season and was briefly engaged to Josh Murray before calling it quits in December of 2016. Would you root for this pair?
LENA DUNHAM SHUTS DOWN JACK ANTONOFF MARRIAGE RUMORS: Lena Dunham acted quickly in response to a marriage rumor she inadvertently started in an Instagram caption. On Monday, the Girls star shared a shot of herself modeling a dress made by her boyfriend Jack Antonoff’s sister, referring to Rachel as her "sister-in-law." Her followers immediately started asking whether she was secretly married. The 31-year-old commented: "I've called Rachel that for years. No ring." Dunham and Antonoff may not be official yet, but Dunham has spoken out about what their wedding would be like, telling PrideSource last summer: "Jack and I have talked about it and we've always said that when we get married we want our wedding party to just be our two sisters in tuxedos. Jack has a straight sister, I have a queer sister; they'd be our best men / women and we'll call it a day. That's our dream."
ALEXA CHUNG POSES TOPLESS FOR LOVE: British model Alexa Chung is posing topless for Love magazine, along with models Ashley Graham and Doutzen Kroes. In the black-and-white photo, Patrick Demarchelier captures her in nothing more than a pair of simple dark jeans cinched with a jeweled belt. The arresting image comes a week after reports of Chung splitting from actor Alexander Skarsgard surfaced.
TOM STURRIDGE EXITS 1984 ON A STRETCHER: The Broadway version of George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel 1984 has claimed another victim. Theater-goers have reportedly been vomiting and fainting due to the intense nature of the show, and last week, Jennifer Lawrence was spied tossing her cookies in the lobby (her rep told reporters it was a stomach bug). Now, Tom Sturridge, one of the stars of the show, exited the show in need of medical attention. "Sturridge collapsed over the weekend onstage during a torture scene. It was wild. He was dehydrated and taken out on a stretcher," spy told The New York Post, adding, "Two ladies fainted in the audience." After the incident Sturridge returned to the show for the final two performances of the weekend, but co-stars Olivia Wilde and Reed Birney made sure there was plenty of water for him this time backstage.
Ariel Winter is almost as famous for her social media takedowns of trolls and body-shamers as she is for her role on Modern Family.
The 19-year-old took to Snapchat to share a new tattoo written across her backside that seems to speak to her penchant for self-acceptance and baring all: "Love risks everything and asks for nothing."
- This tattoo joins several (at least 10) other tattoos on her body. One, a wedge of cheese on her finger, she got with her boyfriend Levi Meaden, who has a tattoo of a peanut butter jar on his finger.
- They call themselves "PB&C" for, you guessed it, peanut butter and cheese.
- She has another with Meaden as well: they each got half of a red heart last month.
- Discussing her love of tattoos with Entertainment Tonight in October of 2016, she said: "I love getting tattoos. I think it's a super fun way of expressing yourself. I only get tattoos that are really meaningful to me and I love it."
Way back in 2014, Charlize Theron and Tia Mowry had one of the more bizarre Hollywood feuds of recent memory.
The pair were in a SoulCycle class and, well, as Mowry told InTouch at the time: "I said ‘Hi,’ and she actually rolled her eyes and said, ‘Oh my God.’ I wasn’t over-the-top. I know how to approach another celebrity. Charlize was just mean. I’m just being honest."
- Weeks later, Theron was so angry about the report, Dish Nation claims she tried to get SoulCycle to ban the Sister, Sister star. "When the manager refused, Charlize just got angrier and said she’d go to the top to make it happen," an insider told Dish Nation.
- Andy Cohen brought the alleged slight up on Watch What Happens Live on Sunday, and Theron shut down the rumor, while simultaneously making the truth sound even worse: "I’m really nice at SoulCycle, actually...once my endorphins kick in, I’m almost too friendly. I’m not an eye-roller, but I would be like, ‘F--- off.’"
- Her Atomic Blonde costar James McAvoy, confirmed that she would say that.
- Cohen pushed ahead, asking if Theron remembers seeing Mowry. "I don’t think so? But I’m sorry if you were there!"
The currently off-screen Real Housewives of Atlanta have taken their drama to social media.
On Saturday, Brielle Biermann fired new shots on social media against her mother Kim Zolciak Biermann’s RHOA costar Kenya Moore, calling her a "dumb ugly evil b**ch."
- After a fan tweeted that Brielle should have tagged Moore directly if she was going to talk smack, the 20-year-old tweeted: "I don’t need to! She stalks me and my mom."
- Moore, 46, hit up Instagram in a post that seemed to be an under-the-radar response to the drama. She captioned a photo of herself in a white dress thusly: "Everywhere you look there are haters... don't let them dull your shine or steal your joy."
- TMZ reports that Zolciak lashed out at the former Miss USA during a shoot over the weekend. Zolciak reportedly thought Moore said something about her son, who was recently injured in a dog attack, and several cast members had to hold her back from physically attacking Moore.
- Zolciak reportedly called out Moore’s marriage, saying it was fake, while Moore shot back that Zolciak had pimped her own daughter to get John Legend tickets.
- Never one to stay quiet, Biermann shared a screenshot of a text exchange with a friend who wrote: "You can’t dull somethin that don’t shine tho" captioning it, "he’s not wrong tho…"
- Good timing for the drama: Zolciak just announced her return to the upcoming season of Bravo’s RHOA. And yes, she will also still be filming Don’t Be Tardy.
WATCH DWAYNE ‘THE ROCK’ JOHNSON GRAPPLE WITH LIFE GOALS IN APPLE AD: Siri tells Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson that he has 25 appointments at 7:15 am in a new ad for Apple. In the new spot, the Fast & Furious star teams up with Siri to keep him organized and focused on his "Life Goals." So yep, it’s about what you’d expect: he’s practicing lines, watching news, getting his head shaved, working out and trimming a tree (all at the same time), and then moving on to drive his own Lyft onto a runway, boarding a plane and changing its course from Akron to Rome, then painting, launching a clothing line and cooking (do you smell what the Rock is cooking?) before arriving to his set. On time.
SARAH PAULSON JOINS GLASS: American Horror Story star Sarah Paulson is joining M. Night Shyamalan’s thriller Glass. She joins James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy, Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson. Glass is a sequel to his 2000 thriller Unbreakable, which centered on a man (Willis) who learns something amazing about himself after a horrific accident. Shyamalan made the casting announcement via Twitter, writing: "Incredibly fortunate to round out our iconic cast of actors on #Glass... @MsSarahPaulson will be joining us. #powerhouse." The Universal film is set to land on January 18th, 2019.
PLANETARIUM CLIP DROPS: Natalie Portman speaks to spirits and Lily-Rose Depp channels ghosts in a new clip from Rebecca Zlotowski’s period film Planetarium. The film follows two sisters, Laura (Portman) and Kate (Depp), who’ve turned their talent for speaking to the dead into a career touring Europe. Planetarium is set in the 1930s against the backdrop of pre-war France. European actors Amira Casar and Louis Garrel also star. Planetarium enters limited release in New York City on August 11th, followed by a release in L.A. on August 18th.
CHRIS HARRISON TO RETURN AS MISS AMERICA PAGEANT HOST: Chris Harrison is returning to host the Miss America Pageant competition with ESPN’s Sage Steele back as his co-host. This is Harrison’s ninth time hosting. Harrison also hosts shows in ABC’s Bachelor franchise. The event airs live on ABC at 9 p.m. on Sunday, September 10th from Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall. Will you tune in?
PUTIN PRAISES OLIVER STONE: Russian president Vladimir Putin has high praise for the Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone. He recently released a four-part series, The Putin Interviews, which debuted on Showtime June 12th. Putin was quoted as saying: "I mostly liked Oliver Stone himself. He is an unusual and very profound person and a very balanced and comfortable interlocutor." Putin added that he had not yet watched the whole series but so far, Stone’s portrayal of him is "totally correct." In other Stone news, the Sarajevo Film Festival has announced that it will honor him with its Heart of Sarajevo award, given to people who have made an "extraordinary contribution to the art of film." Previous honorees include Gael Garcia Bernal, Oscar-winning No Man's Land director Danis Tanovic and British director Mike Leigh.