TOM HARDY NABS THIEF IN LONDON: Real-life superhero! Taboo star Tom Hardy, 39, chased down a thief trying to steal a moped in London, according to reports. Hardy got ahold of one of the alleged thiefs at the scene while another fled the scene. An eyewitness said Hardy appeared to be delighted, announcing gleefully: "I caught the c---." Have you ever snapped into action when you saw something untoward going down?
PETA MURGATROYD ‘SAFE’ AFTER ATTEMPTED HOME BREAK-IN: On Good Morning America Tuesday, Heather Morris revealed that her Dancing With the Stars partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, was unable to join her because an intruder had attempted to break into his and wife Peta Murgatroyd’s home. "They had some sort of run in with some man near their house trying to break in, but the police were there," Morris, 30, said. "They took care of it. So they're safe and Peta's okay. That's the most important thing." Three months ago, the couple welcomed their first child, Shai Aleksander, together.
LENA DUNHAM, JENNI KONNER LAUNCH LENNY LETTER TOUR: The Girls creators Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner have some free time after wrapping their six-year run. The duo has announced that they will turn their digital newsletter into a variety show. Dubbed Lenny: America IRL, the show will tour six cities, beginning on May 31st in St. Louis. The tour will feature music, comedy and spoken word. Performers will include Saturday Night Live star Sasheer Zamata, poet Jenny Zhang and comics Charla Lauriston and Morgan Murphy.Tickets go on sale Friday. Will you check out the show?
MILA KUNIS SURPRISES PARENTS WITH HOME MAKEOVER: Daughter of the year! Actress and mother of two Mila Kunis surprised her parents, Mark and Elvira Kunis, with a makeover of their L.A. condo. Kunis appeared on the online show My Houzz for the big reveal. "They’ve done so many things for my brother and I," says Kunis, 33, explains. "And so I desperately want to give them something that I think they deserve." Her husband Ashton Kutcher, who also exec produces the show, pops up to toast the couple. If you could give your parents anything, what would it be?
JENNA DEWAN TATUM REVEALS CHANNING’S PROPS IN FIRST NIGHT TOGETHER: Jenna Dewan Tatum and Channing Tatum have never shied away from spilling the secrets of their sex life. Now Jenna is chatting about their first night together. On The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the dancer revealed that while filming 2006’s Step Up together, Tatum gathered his courage to hit on her during a "wild tequila night." He showed up at her hotel room at 2 a.m. "I go and open the door — he’s going to kill me for this — and he has on underwear, a sombrero and Ugg boots, and he’s like, ‘Let’s do this.’" The couple ended up spending the night together and actually received a round of applause arriving on the set the next day.
SCOTT BAIO EXPLAINS REMARKS ON ERIN MORAN AFTER BACKLASH: Scott Baio says he was responding to media reports when he suggested the death of his former Happy Days and Joanie Loves Chachi co-star Erin Moran may have been due to substance abuse problems. Authorities in Indiana said Monday that Moran likely died from cancer at her home on Saturday at the age of 56. Earlier in the day, while speaking about Moran’s death, Baio said in an interview that "if you do drugs or drink, you’re going to die," but added that he didn’t know if drugs or alcohol were the cause. Baio’s comments drew a backlash on social media. He clarified in a Facebook post that he had heard reports that Moran died of a heroin overdose and the radio interview took place before authorities mentioned her cancer. Baio says he’s "heartbroken" over Moran’s death.
JASON BIGGS, JENNY MOLLEN EXPECTING BABY BOY: Jason Biggs and Jenny Mollen are expecting another baby boy. Mollen, a 37-year-old actress who has appeared on Angel and Girls, announced in an Instagram post that she’s pregnant with her second son. "To quote Beyoncé, "I have two penises" (not twins. Just mine and the one inside me.) #Itsaboy," she captioned a photo of her baby bump. Biggs and Mollen, who co-starred in the 2008 movie My Best Friend’s Girl, already share 3-year-old son Sid. The couple announced this month that they’re expecting again, and celebrated their ninth wedding anniversary Saturday. The baby is due in early October.
LESLIE ODOM JR. WELCOMES FIRST CHILD: Leslie Odom Jr. is a first-time dad. The 35-year-old Broadway actor announced in an Instagram post yesterday that wife Nicolette Robinson gave birth to daughter Lucille Ruby on April 23rd. "Lucille Ruby arrived in the wee hours of Sunday morning after a brief but harrowing labor on the part of her incredible mother, Nicolette Kloe Robinson, the dragonslayer. Deeper in love by the minute," Odom captioned photos of his baby girl. Odom and Robinson, a 29-year-old actress known for The Affair, met on the set of the musical Once on This Island in 2008, and married in 2012. Odom is known for starring in the original Broadway production of Hamilton, and won the 2016 Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical for his role as Aaron Burr. He has also appeared in Rent and Leap of Faith. He also stars in various Nationwide commercials.
Kelly Osbourne’s stint at a mental institution may have been brief, but it has a long-lasting impact, the reality star reveals. The 32-year-old TV host opens up about her three-day stay in her new memoir, There Is No F---ing Secret.
"Mum once locked me in a mental institution for three days, and it scared the hell out of me. … I had to wear paper shoes, since I could potentially kill myself with a shoelace, and wasn’t allowed to have anything metal, not even a spoon," she writes in her memoir, which was published Tuesday. "I wasn’t suicidal by medical standards, but I heard Mum’s message loud and clear: stop using drugs before I was gone for good."
- Osbourne first got into drugs when she was just 13 years old and was given Vicodin after having her tonsils removed.
- "I found, when I take this, people like me. I’m having fun, I’m not getting picked on. It became a confidence thing," she told People in 2009.
- Osbourne explains that her drug use peaked when her mother Sharon was battling cancer and after her father, rocker Ozzy Osbourne, almost died in an ATV accident.
- "The only way I could even face my life was by opening that pill bottle, shaking out a few pills — or a handful — into my palm, and throwing them down my throat," she writes.
- During her struggle to get clean, Osbourne wrote that she tried rehab four times, detoxes six times and that one fateful visit to a mental institution.
- Osbourne has been sober for many years now and the memoir is a series of essays that delves not just into her addictions, but also her body issues, her near-fatal brush with Lyme Disease, her friendships and her approach to fashion, family and dating.
Everyone’s got their thing! By Hollywood standards, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star Chris Pratt is a pretty chill guy. But, as he is the first to admit: he has his moments of downright divadom.
The star recently sat down with Cigar Aficionado to download on his secret diva moves.
- Pratt’s big issue, he explained, is fans who want to take selfies with him.
- "I’ve always been a pretty deferential, go-with-the-flow guy. But now I have to be economical with my time," he said. "If I go out and want to do normal things, I have to be comfortable disappointing people. So I just don’t take pictures with people. Because that’s not about enjoying the moment; it’s about stealing the moment to brag about later."
- But that’s not all. Pratt is also willing to tread on Brits’ famous good manners in interest of an illicit puff.
- "The Brits are so polite. There I am, smoking these little cigars on the set and it is, in fact, illegal," he said. "But they were so reluctant to finally say, ‘I’m very sorry, but I’m afraid it’s against the law.’ And I said, ‘No, no, that’s cool — just tell me when the cops come.’ Hey, I show up on time, I know my stuff. It’s like, my one diva thing."
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters May 5th.
Chris Soules, the star of The Bachelor in Season 19, was arrested after a fatal car crash Monday night, according to reports.
The crash happened near Aurora, Iowa at 8:20 p.m., TMZ reports. Soules’ pickup allegedly rear-ended a John Deere tractor trailer, causing both vehicles to land in a ditch. Soules is said to have fled the scene. The driver, an older man named Kenneth Mosher, died later at the hospital.
- Soules, 35, was reportedly booked at 1:16 a.m. on Tuesday and charged with leaving the scene of an accident at which a death occurred. According to TMZ, Soules had alcoholic beverages on him at the time of crash.
- On Tuesday, a judge reportedly put a $10,000 cash bond on him, which he posted. A spokesperson for Soules spoke out in his behalf. "Chris Soules was involved in an accident Monday evening (April 24) in a rural part of Iowa near his home. He was devastated to learn that Kenneth Mosher, the other person in the accident, passed away. His thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Mosher’s family."
- In 2006, Soules was convicted of driving while intoxicated. In 2001, he plead guilty to driving with an open container.
- Soules first garnered attention on Andi Dorfman’s season of The Bachelorette in 2014 before going to star in his own season.
- He and his final pick, Whitney Bischoff, broke off their engagement soon after the show ended amid gossip that he was cheating on her with his Dancing With the Stars partner.
Emma Watson may not be afraid to take on dark wizards, but she is terrified of letting the public down.
The actress and U.N. Women Goodwill Ambassador sat down with fellow actress Jessica Chastain for a cover story in the May issue of Interview and opened up about the pressure she puts on herself.
- "When people call me a role model it puts the fear of God into me," Watson said, "because I feel like I’m destined to fail."
- Watson, whose star continues to rise with blockbuster successes like the Harry Potter franchise and Beauty and the Beast under her belt, says with greater acclaim comes greater risk.
- "When I was auditioning to play Hermione, I had this fearlessness, because I wasn’t aware of anyone else," she said.
- "I just knew I loved that girl and I loved that role and I loved that world, and I went for it. But now I have this other thing to overcome, like in Beauty and the Beast I sang for the first time, and journalists would ask me, ‘Do you think you’re going to be able to pull it off?’ There’s an incredible awareness that I have to push through. The night before I gave my speech at the U.N., I was an emotional wreck. I thought I was going to hyperventilate."
- So how does she blow off steam? Watson revealed that baking chocolate chip banana bread, hanging with her cat and dancing all help her relax.
- Most of all, though, she explained that being true to and protecting her own private self is essential.
- "So the story of my life has been of public interest, which is why I’ve been so passionate about having a private identity," she explained. "When I step into a character, people have to be able to suspend their disbelief; they have to be able to divorce me from that girl. And not having everyone know every single intimate detail of my entire life is part of me trying to protect my ability to do my job well."
The annual Webby Awards are handed out to the year’s most entertaining offerings in six fields: Websites, Social, Film & Video, Mobile Sites & Apps, Podcasts & Digital Audio, and Advertising, Media, & PR. Fan-voted People’s Voice Awards are also given out.
This year, there were more than 13,000 entries. The awards were issued on Tuesday.
- Lady Gaga ruled music, grabbing two Webbys for her Lady Gaga Intel Performance. Coldplay earned a nod for music video "Up&Up" and Kendrick Lamar won for his remix "Swimming Pools (Drank)".
- In television, Jimmy Kimmel Live earned a nod for his Mean Tweets series and Mr. Robot won for its interactive website WhoIsMr.Robot.com. Game of Thrones won People’s Voice Award for Best Overall Social Presence.
- In special class categories, Solange and Van Jones received the Special Achievement Webby for promoting diversity via social or other online media. Steve Buscemi received Best Actor Webby for his role on Horace and Pete.
- National Geographic was the biggest victor, bringing home 11 awards including Best User Interface, Best Social Video Series, Magazine/Editorial, Best Photography & Graphics, Best Overall Social Presence, Animals, Education & Discovery.
- Judges this year included Jimmy Kimmel, Making a Murderer's Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, TED Radio Hour Host Guy Raz, Instagram's Eva Chen, Questlove, Internet inventor Vint Cerf, Reddit Co-Founder Alexis Ohanian and Black Lives Matter Co-Founder Opal Tometi. More than 3.5 million votes were also cast by internet fans for the People’s Voice Awards.
- The winners will be celebrated at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday, May 15th. Joel McHale will host the event.
Grey’s Anatomy star Jesse Williams is headed for divorce. The 35-year-old actor filed for divorce from wife Aryn Drake-Lee on April 11th after more than four years of marriage, according to People. Williams cited "irreconcilable differences" for the split, although the divorce is said to be amicable.
The couple, who share 3-year-old daughter Sadie and 18-month-old son Maceo, reportedly wanted to keep their divorce quiet. "They’re trying to keep their split top secret and away from the public," a source said. "They’ve actually been separated for a while now."
Williams and Drake-Lee married in September 2012 after more than five years of dating. The pair first met while Williams was working as a teacher in New York.
Meanwhile, Jesse Williams is not denying Aryn spousal support, as some media outlets reported. Sources tell the JasmineBrand that his attorney checked the box denying Aryn support on the court documents, but it’s simply a technicality. They did not have a long term marriage so she is not entitled to lifetime support. His lawyer checked that particular box to make sure that after the allotted spousal support mark, it is terminated.
JASON JONES & SAMANTHA BEE’S THE DETOUR RENEWED: TBS is greenlighting a third season of The Detour, which is created, written and exec produced by Jason Jones and Samantha Bee. The second season wrapped last night (Tuesday) with a new episode at 10 p.m. and the grand finale at 10:30 p.m. The show has been a ratings success, ranking as cable’s #1 scripted comedy among viewers. The show follows a family of four led by Nate (Jones) and his wife, Robin (Natalie Zea). Ashley Gerasimovich, Liam Carroll and Daniella Pineda also star.
DRAKE WILL HOST INAUGURAL NBA AWARDS: Drake is set to host the first-ever NBA Awards, which will air live June 26th on TNT. The show kicks off at 9 p.m. and is being billed as "the NBA's official annual award show to honor all of the league's top performers on one night for the first time." Dick Clark Productions is producing. The Inside the NBA studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O'Neal, along with NBA and Hollywood stars, and musical acts will be part of the performance.
WILL SMITH, FAN BINGBANG, PAOLO SORRENTINO JOIN CANNES JURY: Two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith, Chinese actress Fan Bingbang and Italian filmmaker Paolo Sorrentino have joined the Cannes jury serving under Pedro Almodovar. Eight jury members serve in total. French filmmaker Agnès Jaoui, Korean filmmaker Park Chan-wook, French composer Gabriel Yared, last year’s breakout director of Germany’s Toni Erdmann, Maren Ade and the previously announced Jessica Chastain will also serve. The winning film selected by the jury will be announced May 28th at the festival’s closing ceremony.
DISNEY SETS MULTI-NETWORK PREMIERE FOR DESCENDANTS 2: Disney’s Descendants 2 will premiere across five different networks on July 21st: Disney Channel, ABC, Disney XD, Freeform and Lifetime. They will simulcast and stream live on each network’s digital platform. The follow-up to the 2015 Disney Channel original follows the children of several villains and stars Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Sofia Carson, Mitchell Hope, China Anne McClain, Thomas Doherty, Dylan Playfair and Anna Cathcart. High School Musical’s Kenny Ortega directed, exec produced and served as choreographer.
NPR’S ROBERT SIEGEL STEPS DOWN AS HOST OF ALL THINGS CONSIDERED: The iconic NPR host Robert Siegel is stepping down from his hosting duties at All Things Considered after more than 40 years with the company. "This is a decision long in the making and not an easy one. I’ve had the greatest job I can think of, working with the finest colleagues anyone could ask for, for as long a stretch as I could imagine," Siegel said in a statement. "But, looking ahead to my seventies (which start all too soon) I feel that it is time for me to begin a new phase of life. Over the next few months, I hope to figure out what that will be." NPR is still looking for a replacement. Siegel will leave his post officially in January of 2018.
SETH ROGEN & BILLY EICHNER MAY VOICE PUMBAA & TIMON IN LION KING REMAKE: The Lion King’s beloved warthog-meerkat duo of Pumbaa and Timon could be voiced by comedians Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner in the upcoming live-action remake. Rogen and Eichner are reportedly in "final negotiations" to sign onto the film that’s being directed by Jon Favreau. Rogen would voice Pumbaa and Eichner would take the part of Timon. Donald Glover has already agreed to voice Simba, and James Earl Jones will reprise his role from the 1994 animated film as Mufasa. Favreau is reportedly trying to convince Beyoncé to voice Nala. Disney announced that the film is slated to come out on July 19, 2019.
STEVE HARVEY’S NEW TALK SHOW TO LAUNCH IN SEPTEMBER: Steve Harvey’s new talk show, titled Steve will air September 5th. The nationally syndicated show has reportedly been cleared in over 95% of the U.S. and will air on NBC owned stations along with leading station groups across the country. The comedian’s talk show, The Steve Harvey Show, ended after five seasons. His new show will film in Los Angeles and will be more celebrity-driven, Harvey said. Harvey is also the host of ABC’s Celebrity Family Feud, NBC’s Little Big Shots and Fox’s upcoming Showtime at the Apollo, as well as syndicated game show Family Feud and radio program Steve Harvey Morning Show.