Godsmack frontman Sully Erna has announced that he will play a series of solo gigs this December. According to Blabbermouth, the trek will kick off on December 3rd in Verona, New York and wind down on the 14th in Boston, Massachusetts. Public on-sales for all the dates start this Friday (October 24th). Fans will have the opportunity to buy an additional limited-edition VIP package upgrade through Erna's official web site. The package will include early entry, access to a meet-and-greet with Erna, an exclusive lithograph signed by Erna and a VIP laminate, all for $99 in addition to the actual concert ticket.
- Erna said in a recent interview that he intends to continue with his solo career when not recording or touring with Godsmack.
- The singer released his debut solo album, Avalon, in 2010. The disc featured a very different style than what Erna does with Godsmack, incorporating world music, female vocals, keyboards, cello, hand percussion and other diverse sounds.
- He toured behind the album with a large ensemble that incorporated many of the instruments heard on the record.
- Godsmack's sixth studio album, 1000hp (One Thousand Horsepower), was released on August 5th. The set landed at Number Three on the Billboard 200 album chart in its first week of release.
- Confirmed Sully Erna solo dates (subject to change):
December 3 - Verona, NY - Turning Stone Casino
December 4 - North Tonawanda, NY - Riviera Theatre
December 6 - Chester, NY - Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center
December 10 - Glenside, PA - Keswick Theatre
December 11 - Westbury, NY - The Space at Westbury
December 12 - Bangor, ME - Gracie Theatre
December 14 - Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre